The new internet trend is called directory listing or else companies or websites that promote businesses via search.
There are hundreds of companies that pick up the phone everyday and offer to professionals and companies an advertisement of 50.00/70.00/100.00/130.00 euros per year or lump-sum payment on behalf of Google.
Getting started we need to understand what directory listing means.
Directory listings do exactly what Yellow Pages do as we all know. Professionals and companies pay, as advertisers and prospective customers are looking the professional or the company they need based on criteria, such us location and address, so to cooperate.
In this case, as in local business directories, popularity is paid because there is no guarantee for a reliable popularity, in both print and internet advertising.
In printed listing, the size of the ad frame is determined by the price list of the particular company producing the catalog. In internet directory on a directory listing site, the best price refers to banners, larger fonts or even positive comments and recommendations from “real” customers.
So in both cases the customer will find what he is looking for with the guidance and marketing of each company, that is, the best money budget.
In a more general sense, it is a convenient and guided sale of services and goods.
A #directory_listing in its free version can give more accurate and more in-depth results than an advertisers‘ listing because it has ten times bigger content and it is based on choice and not on mentoring.
An offer from 600.00 to 150.00 euros is the promotional part that in financial crisis time is taking a big share of the market. So the assumed low-price opportunity becomes the Trojan horse listing companies to get into more and more businesses.
What happens if someone gives in and gets tempted to pay?
There are 2 cases:
1.In the first case, the listing company is directed at a professional or a company that does not have any registered website, or a professional presence, so it will register an ad on the list among with tens or hundreds professionals of the same subject with a 1% possibility of acceptance. Because there are hundreds online catalogs over the internet, the possibility for someone to find the specific catalog and the particular entry is decreasing.
So, the 99% of the money spent will go to the owner of the business directory (website) and of course the whole attempt will have no future…
2.In the second case, a professional or a #company that already has a professional profile on the internet via a professional website (not social media), a registration to such a catalog can only pan out 10%, with the remaining 90% of the total cost not being used for the purpose of the project.
Let’s not forget that the search engine’s job is to help you find directly what your are looking for and not to lead you find what will help you to find what you are asking for!!
So the most business directories just simply exist..Few are the ones that can really help, have great acceptance and daily traffic and they are for Free!!
The proper way to search a company or a professional on the internet is based on the correct registration structure with a professional online profile, business cards and a series of promotions that can render results through an overall complete package, with steady steps and professional timelessness.
Internet value has been underestimated and the pulling forces towards users and prospective customers have to be exploited in the right way and by professionals.
We recommend that you consult an expert before starting a promotional campaign so to save you money, time and help you really understand your promotion’s needs.